2023/2024 UK Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship For Full-time Master’s Study.
Applications are open for the 2023/2024 Fully-funded Commonwealth Shared Masters Scholarship program offered by the United Kingdom Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives.
UK, CANADA & USA Scholarship Applications HERE
The CSC operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) and offers a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The intended beneficiaries of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are candidates from eligible low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, who undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
To qualify and apply for these scholarships, candidates must possess any of the following requirements to be considered for a scholarship.
- A candidate must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country or be a British Protected Person
- He or she must be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- He or she must be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- Latest September 2023, he or she must hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- A candidate must NOT have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- A candidate must be unable to afford to study in a UK university without this Scholarship
- A candidate must have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Canada Study Permit: Purpose of Visit & Common Student Visa Success Info
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities and each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from the Scholar’s home country to the UK and return at the end of their Scholarship (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before the award is confirmed) – funded by the CSC.
- Approved tuition fees: full fees are covered by an agreement between the CSC and the UK university, and Scholars are not liable to pay for any part of the tuition fee.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 per month, or £1,516 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels) – paid and funded by the university.
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC
- Contribution towards the cost of mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied) – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC
- If Scholars have children and are widowed, divorced, or single parents, a child allowance of £529 per month for the first child, and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if Scholars are accompanied by their children and they are living with them at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at current levels).
- If Scholars share that they have a disability, a full assessment of their needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC.
Procedures For Selection
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in March 2023. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this program.
Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2023.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
- Tenure and Placements
Scholarships are tenable for any approved course offered by a participating UK university. Scholars are to obtain one degree; funding will not be extended to enable candidates to complete a qualification in addition to or higher than the one for which the selection was made.
Shared Scholarships are for full-time study only and no other course of study may be undertaken at the same time.
How To Apply
Click Here For More 2023 International Scholarships In Canada, the USA, and the EU
Applications for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year are now open. The closing date for applications is 13 December 2022 at 16:00 GMT.
Applications for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships must be made using the CSC’s online application system. SEE HERE
Candidates must apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship via the CSC’s online application system.
Get more Information on this scholarship. Visit the Official Website HERE
Merci de voir ma demande de bourse d’étude