Andrea Levy Scholarships 2023 at University of Edinburgh in UK
The University of Edinburgh is proud to announce a scholarship opportunity for Black African and Caribbean heritage applicants who come from socio-economically challenged backgrounds. This scholarship is made possible through a generous gift from the family of the late Andrea Levy.
The scholarship will provide full coverage for tuition fees and living expenses, ensuring that financial barriers do not prevent you from achieving your academic goals. Apply now and take advantage of this incredible opportunity to further your education and make a difference in your future.
Eligibility: To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Have one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black Caribbean; Black African; Black Other; Mixed – White/Black Caribbean; Mixed – White /Black African; or Other mixed background that includes Caribbean heritage. We particularly encourage applicants with any form of Caribbean heritage to apply.
- Be starting a first undergraduate full time degree programme at the University of Edinburgh in the 2023-24 academic year.
Have been assessed for fee status as a ‘home’ student (meaning that you ordinarily live in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland).
- Have a household income below £34,000 per annum.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: The Scholarship will cover:
- Your tuition fees*, and
- A stipend of £5,000 per annum to help with your living expenses
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Method of Application: As part of the application process you will be asked to confirm the following information:
- Full name
- Student number (e.g. S1234567) or if not known your UCAS number
- Programme of study
- Name of School or College you are currently attending
- Email address
- Confirmation that you have applied, been assessed for and expect to be in receipt of the maximum level of support from the government through Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance (England, Wales or Northern Ireland) for tuition fees and maintenance loans and that you have provided consent to share your information with the University.
- Confirmation this is your first undergraduate degree programme, and you have not started a degree programme previously
- Confirmation you understand external representatives supporting this scholarship will be reviewing your application and any submitted documentation as part of the selection process.
- Agreement that your UCAS references (personal and supporting statements) will be used as part of the selection process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview to discuss their aspirations and to answer any questions they have. Further information and guidance will follow.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023
Leave a Reply