University Of British Columbia In Canada Future Forests Fellowship 2023.
The University Of British Columbia In Canada’s 2023 Future Forests Fellowship application portal is open to receive applications from interested candidates for the 2023 session.
The Faculty of Forestry at the University of British Columbia is giving away the largest single grant for a forestry student.
The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- Be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree
- Meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018
- not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
- have completed their bachelors and masters degree program
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International
Eligible Field Of Study: The fellowship recipient will enroll in a UBC PhD program and conduct research focused in one of the following areas:
Forest Products Biotechnology – Bioenergy – Forest Genomics – Climate Change – Urban Forestry – Forest Management – Conservation – Forested Landscapes – Salmon Ecology – Forest Health – Forests and Indigenous Peoples – Forests and Human Health
Type of award: Fellowship
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
Duration of Program: 4 years
Method of Application: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their online application and all supporting documents* (including official language test scores if applicable) are received by deadline. See how to apply Here
Note: They do not require a GRE score.
The following are required;
- Secure the interest of a prospective supervisor
- Complete the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies online application
- Scanned copies of official transcripts
- Three (3) References
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The deadline for application is November 25, 2022 (4 PM PST)
Leave a Reply